Historic Train Station
A former train station building standing on the platform of the existing Sheffield to Huddersfield line, which is on the southbound side of the tracks, having been removed from service and since restored into a private dwelling. The property is complete with heritage signing and the remaining in service part of the station being unstaffed with a basic shelter. Trains operate every hour in each direction with passengers on the Penistone line by Northern Rail. The Southbound platform was opened in 1850 by the Huddersfield & Sheffield Junction Railway and went out of use in 1989. We converted the old gentleman’s station toilets into a new en suite bathroom for the master bedroom, as this was a disused section of the property.